If your kitchen needs updating but you do not have the budget for a total makeover, these are some cost efficient ideas that will freshen the space.
1. Clean the cabinet fronts with Method Wood Cleaner from Target and apply Liquid Gold to hide the scratches. You will be amazed what a difference this can make.
2. Update the drawer pulls and knobs on the cabinets. Use a hardware style that is simple and modern to really give it an updated look.
3. If your cabinets are in good shape but the finish is shot, you might consider painting them with oil-based enamel. This will give you a whole new look for a fraction of the cost of replacing the cabinets.
4. Painting your kitchen a new color is another cost effective way to acheive a new look.
5. Replace the shades or window coverings. Natural woven shades work with a variety of styles from traditional to contemporary.
6. Install new counter tops on your existing cabinets.
7 Replace the back splash.
8. If you have pendant lighting, update the fixture.
9. Add dimmer switches to give you the flexibility to change the mood in the room with lighting.
Any combination of these ideas will help to refresh your kitchen without making the investment in a total remodel. You will be amazed at the difference small changes can make.